Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Chase Insulations Ltd. a company registered in England and Wales under number 09735149 whose registered office is at Acorn Lodge, Tower Road, Market Drayton, Staffordshire, TF9 4PU (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked 'I Accept'. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your order. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
4. Business day means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
5. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
6. Contract means the legally binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
7. Customer includes consumer and business customers;
8. Delivery Location means the Customer’s premises or other location as provided by the Customer while placing the Order;
9. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
10. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
11. Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step-by-step process set out on the Website;
13. Website means our website www.buyinsulationonline.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
14. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
15. Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
16. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogs, brochures or other forms of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
17. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
18. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
19. We can make any changes to the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements.
21. We may contact you by e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
22. The description of the Goods on our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
23. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
24. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order, you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (i.e. the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
25. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Price or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
26. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply to all Customers (i.e. Consumer and Business customers). So, if you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have the authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our website to purchase products.
Price and Payment
27. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website indicated on the order page when you placed your order.
28. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
29. You must pay by submitting your PayPal, credit or debit card details with your Order at the time of placing the Order.
30. The Price is inclusive of fees for packaging and transportation/delivery.
31. We will deliver the Goods to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
32. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can treat the Contract at an end if:
i. We have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
ii. After we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
33. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
34. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and you will have to bear the costs of this.
35. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales and Scotland. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
36. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
37. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
38. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
39. Free delivery is applicable on selected goods for orders between 125 - 610 pounds, ex.VAT, on selected postcodes. Click here for more information.
40. Flat postage costs of 20 pounds Ex.VAT is applicable on selected HVAC goods.
41. Delivery charges are calculated accordingly and displayed on the checkout page before the contract is entered into.
42. We reserve the right to charge extra for delivery in cases where we have to collect the order from one of our depots across the country. In case the customer is unwilling to pay the carriage charges, we reserve the right to cancel the order.
Risk and Title
43. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
44. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
45. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
Right to cancel
46. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
47. The cancellation period will expire 14 days after the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (i.e. subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
48. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
49. If you wish to cancel the Order, you must contact us via email at [email protected].
50. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
51. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse you all payments received from you, excluding the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
52. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
53. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
i. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
ii. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
54. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
55. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
56. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, contact us immediately via email: [email protected] without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
57. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
Upon delivery, the Goods will:
i. be of satisfactory quality;
ii. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
iii. conform to their description.
58. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
59. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
60. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
i. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
ii. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
61. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
63. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
i. 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
ii. 'GDPR' means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
iii. 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
64. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
65. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
i. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
ii. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
iii. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
iv. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure
66. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: [email protected].
67. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of a Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
68. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
69. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
70. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: [email protected].