Bostik T303 foil tapes are market leaders. Over the many years that these foil tapes have been on the market, they have proven to be durable and are known to form strong bonds on every application. Not just for H&V applications, foil tapes can also be used to seal and secure all foil-faced insulation. Here are some top reasons why we recommend Bostik foil tapes:
Easy to apply: Aluminium tapes from Bostik come with a high-tack rubber/resin adhesive, protected by a removable release paper, it is easy to apply and can be moulded to any profile. Foil tapes are perfect for lap sealing foil facing insulating materials, metal, ductwrap and duct slab sealing, asbestos abatement tenting, and other general-purpose applications.
Thermal Insulation: Aluminium foil tapes can be used to seal gaps in the insulation. They give efficient insulation as the self-adhesive foil tape protects against the effects of fire, moisture and dust. Foil tapes form strong bonds with the insulation. Aluminium foil tapes give effective insulation in a wide temperature range of -10°C to +90°C
Long-lasting: Foil tape from Bostik shows high standards of durability, reliability and strength. They have a longer shelf life.
- Foil tape Length: 45m
- Foil Tape Thickness: 50mm, 75mm, 100mm.
- Application temperature: Above +5°C
- Service Temperature: -10°C to +90°C
- Finish: Bright aluminium foil
- Adhesive: Rubber/resin
- Release paper: High-quality siliconised paper
- Tensile strength: Approximately 90 N/25mm2
- Elongation: Minimum 7%
- Bostik foil tape is a market-leading, high-performing tape.
- Foil tapes are fire rated.
- They can be moulded to any profile.
- The high-tack adhesive enables easy adhesion.
- Foil tapes offer consistent performance.
- They are durable, strong and reliable.
- Bostik foil tapes offer consistent performance over a wide temperature range (-100 C to +900 C)
- Aluminium foil tapes have a longer shelf life
- Foil tapes protect against dust and moisture.
- Foil tapes can be used to provide a neat finish to HVAC applications.
- They are also used in asbestos abatement sectors.
- The foil tapes have diverse applications in many other sectors like process plant, marine and offshore.
- Clean the surface, free of grease, dirt, duct and other loose materials.
- The butt joints of insulation sections should be positioned together without gaps to ensure an adequate bond.
- Select a tape width suitable for the application. 50mm foil tape is suitable for closely positioned, flat sections.
- Remove the release paper from a section of the tape, taking care not to touch the adhesive surface. Align foil tape centrally over the joint. Pull the tape taut and then press down well over the entire joint area.
- Rub foil tape with a plastic spatula to remove any wrinkles or folds.