By insulating your floor, you can save nearly 10% on energy bills. XPS foam boards are the most cost-effective way to save energy and money. Made with extruded polystyrene these XPS boards have a low thermal conductivity that does not let heat pass through the fabric easily. Hence they save both energy and money.
Their high compressive strength nearly 30tonnes/m2, makes them ideal for load-bearing application, meaning they are perfect for floor and underfloor insulation. They can be simply laid on the surface in a staggered arrangement if employed with the underwood heating aluminium foil method.
Prowarm XPS underlays can also be used with underfloor heating mat systems on concrete/screeded floors. They, however, should not be used on timber substrate floors with a ceramic tiled finish.
XPS insulation boards are easy to install and light in weight. They are unaffected by moisture due to their hydrophobic nature. They are dimensionally stable. XPS boards do not support the growth of moulds or develop rot as they are not made of any organic material.
- Length: 1200mm
- Width: 600mm
- Thickness Availabe:
- Coverage/board: 0.72sq.m
- Thermal Conductivity:
- Working Temperature: -50 - +75
- Compressive Strength: ≥ 300 - ≥ 700 kPa
- XPS boards give superior thermal insulation
- They have high compressive strength making them ideal for underfloor and floor insulation applications
- Water-resistant XPS boards. They are hydrophobic in nature
- Lightweight extruded polystyrene insulation. Easy to install.
- Cost-effective floor insulation solution.
Prowarm insulation boards are ideal for:
- Underfloor Insulation
- Floor Insulation
- Can also be with underfloor heating mat systems on concrete/screeded floors.
Depending on the type of heating system being installed, different ProWarm XP-PRO Board installations are possible.
They are simply installed in a staggered brick bond pattern for our underwood heating system, and then the heating mat is placed on top.
For under-tile systems, the boards must adhere to the subfloor with a suitable flexible tile adhesive (this is in the case of concrete subfloors only)