Thermal insulation jackets are possibly the most innovative and smart way to insulate flanges. Our expert opinion is that they far outperform the traditional rigid wool insulation that has been used to insulate valves, and here is why:
Their make: The valve covers that we supply here at Buy Insulation online are made with the finest quality silicone-coated glass cloth. We use sager or 25-50mm mineral wool for insulation. Valve jackets are cost-effective. Also, both the external and internal valve covers are made from the same 80g/m2 glass cloth, resulting in a smooth and neat finish.
Thermal Insulation: We use low thermal conductivity mineral wool insulation to protect flanges from heat loss. So valve jackets help save energy and money. This is particularly useful in any commercial and industrial setting.
Easy Installation and Maintenance: As flanges are important connecting points in the piping system it is important to keep them well maintained. Valve covers help you do just that. THey ease the maintenance process and reduce the time required by half. Simple remove the velcro straps and loosen the pull cords to uninstall the valve covers.
Also, unlike rigid wool insulation that is used to insulate valves, valve covers can be removed without harming the insulation or the pipework.
Safer Workplace: Valve covers protect your workforce from hot surfaces of flanges, making the workplace safer. They also minimise any external damage to the flanges. Due to their insulating properties, they reduce condensation and sweating in flanges. As a result, water does not drip, which keeps the workplace from accumulating tiny pools of water. This helps prevent accidents and slips and falls.
- Product Sizes: 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm, 77mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 200mm, 250mm, 300mm, 350mm, 400mm, 450mm and 500mm.
- Colours: Standard grey, silver, white and standard black.
- Type: External jackets and Internal jackets.
- Flange covers provide effective thermal insulation around flange union valves.
- They are lightweight, easy to use, handle and install.
- Valve jackets provide fully sealed insulation to avoid any airborne contamination and possible harm to personnel.
- They help reduce energy bills.
- The velcro flaps and pull cords in the valve jackets ensure a perfect fit around the valves.
- They are cost-effective and convenient.
- Valve jackets protect the valves from dirt, dust and rust.
- They improve workplace safety by reducing the heat emitted by the surface
- Flange covers are made from 80g/m2 silicone coated glass fibre cloth sewn around 50mm of insulation.
Valve jackets are designed to closely fit around awkward flange union valves to maximise insulation and remove possible sharp edge hazards.
- Service Temperature: -20?C to 220?C
- Insulation: 50mm Rockwool
- Coating: 80g/m² silicone coated glass cloth on one side of the jacket.
- Lead times for flange covers within the UK: 1-99 units:2-3 working days; 100 - 500 units: 7 working days and 500- 1000 units: 1-2 weeks. Bespoke items may take longer as we may require additional information from customers
- We can print your company logo on the jackets for free. Email us your logo for custom-made flange covers.
- We do site surveys and supply valve covers or we can only survey your premises. If you would like a site survey, kindly email us with your site address.
- The prices for the chilled/cold water valve jackets may differ from the ones displayed on the website. Chilled/cold water valves usually need to be wrapped with a vapour barrier which would increase the size of the jacket required and also the cost. If you need chilled/cold water valve covers, please mail us your requirements at [email protected] and we will send you a quote for your order.