Acoustic plasterboard, Knauf Sound panel offers excellent acoustic insulation, as it significantly reduces noise impact in adjacent rooms or properties. They are versatile, sturdy and easy to use and install. They are cost-effective and are used for partitions, linings, and ceilings with standard performance requirements; they have a high density. The acoustic plasterboards are manufactured using the highest quality gypsum.
Special additives are utilised to manufacture these high-performance acoustic plasterboards. They are ideal for residential applications. They can also be used in conjunction with robust details. Direct decoration or plaster finish is also possible using these insulated plasterboards.
- Length: 2.4m
- Thickness: 12.5mm
- Edge: Squared
- Board Coverage: 2.88 m2
- Excellent Soundproofing qualities.
- Acoustic plasterboards are cost-effective. Easy to install.
- No specialist tool is required for installation.
- Ideal for residential applications and areas that need improved acoustic performance.
- Acoustic plasterboards are strong and versatile in application.
- Knauf acoustic plasterboards can be used to soundproof ceilings and at below rafter level.
- Sound deadening plasterboard can also be used for applications wherein improved acoustic performance is required.
- Acoustic plasterboards are used to insulate internal walls and stop the transfer of noise between rooms.
Storage and handling:
- The product must be stored flat, and be protected from inclement weather.
- Appropriate personal protective clothing and equipment when handling the product.
- This board is unsuitable for areas that are continuously damp, humid or above 50°C.
- Compliance: BS EN 520 Types A and D.
- Material: Gypsum plasterboard
- Colour: Blue
- Edge Detail: Tapered
- Density: 800kg/m3
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.24 W/mK