You lose nearly 10% of heat through the floor. It may fail in comparison to the heat lost through walls and roofs, but you must 10% does make a difference in your energy bills. Cutting down on heat loss is important if you are looking for ways to make your home/building energy efficient and XPS boards can help you with the cause.
Made with extruded polystyrene, XPS boards have a low K- value, which means they do not heat pass through the fabric. This converts to energy savings and reduced energy bills. Additionally, XPS are cheaper compared to PIR boards and are long-lasting which means they pay for themselves many times over.
XPS foam boards are not only suitable to be used with under-floor heating and carpet heating mat systems, but they can also also be used to insulate timber floors. They have a high compressive strength of 10 t/m2, which makes them ideal for underfloor and floor insulation applications.
With a density of 32 kg/m3, they also effectively reduce impact noise and help soundproof a room. They are lightweight and easy to install. XPS foam is dimensionally stable and since it is not made of any organic materials, it does not support the growth of moulds or fungi. Polystyrene boards are water-resistant
- Length: 1.2m
- Width: 0.6m
- Thickness: 6mm
- Board coverage: 0.72sq.m
- Pack Quantity: 14
- Pack Coverage: 10sq.m
- Colour: Orange
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.034 W/mK
- Compressive Strength: 10 t/m2
- Material: Extruded Polystyrene
- Fire Protection: C Euroclass
- XPS foam saves energy and money.
- They are easy to use and install.
- Ideal for use with underfloor heating system and for timber floor insulation.
- Polystyrene insulation has high compressive strength making them suitable for load-bearing applications.
- Water-resistant. Do not support moulds/fungi
- Ideal for floor and underfloor insulation
- Can be used along with underfloor heating systems and carpet heating systems