It is an excellent idea to install XPS insulation boards above electric underfloor heating. However, it is also critical that Insulation boards are laid beneath the flooring as well. This ensures that no heat is lost through the subfloor, increases the efficiency of underfloor heating and keeps the heat in and energy costs down.
Warmup underfloor Insulation boards have a low thermal conductivity of 0.033 W/mK. They prevent heat generated from underfloor heating systems from leaking downward and reaching the subfloor. Instead, the heat is directed upward and onto the floor surface, where it should be. So, underfloor insulation boards are ideal for use with electric underfloor heating systems.
Not just for underfloor insulation, these insulation boards are also ideal for tile backing applications on both walls and floors. Made of extruded polystyrene, their internal layer is capable of supporting 30 tonnes per square metre. The 0.5mm thick cement coating provides an excellent surface for tile adhesive, plaster and smoothing/levelling compounds, with no priming required.
- Length: 1250mm
- Width: 600mm
- Board Coverage: 0.75 m2
- Thermal conductivity: 0.033 W/mK
- Compressive Strength: 300kPa
- Fire rating: Euroclass E
- Material: Extruded polystyrene
- Facings: Fibreglass reinforced cement
Warm-up insulation boards are versatile in application. They can be used for
- Internal wall insulation: Perfect for use instead of standard cement building boards and plasterboards. Can be used for stud-wall insulation and solid wall insulation.
- Bathrooms: Creates a waterproof barrier on floors and walls in wet rooms and bathrooms.
- Underfloor Heating: for use just above the subfloor to direct the warm air upwards.
- Insulated tile backer boards are easy to cut and install.
- CE marked insulation boards for peace of mind and security.
- Saves space, money and energy.
- Water-resistant insulation boards.
- Insulated tile backer boards have a low water absorption rate and are resistant to rot.
- Reduces heat loss and improves the underfloor heating systems response time