Flange covers are perhaps one of the best and most innovative ways to insulate blank-end flanges. We believe that they perform far better than the traditional rigid wool insulation used to insulate valves, and here is why:
Their make: The flange covers are made with the finest quality silicone-coated glass cloth. We use sager or 25-50mm mineral wool for insulation. We use the same 80g/m2 glass cloth to make flange covers for both external and internal valves. They are cost-effective and light in weight.
Thermal Insulation: The mineral wool insulation used for insulating has a low thermal conductivity and hence will prevent heat loss from flange end-caps. So insulated valve jackets help save energy and money. This is especially important in commercial and industrial environments.
Easy Installation and Maintenance: Flanges are crucial points of connection in piping systems. They need to be well maintained. Flange covers help you do just that. They make maintenance easier and reduce the time required. Uninstall the valve covers by removing the velcro straps and loosening the pull cords. Valve jackets are be re-installed just as easily. The valve covers can be removed with no harm done to the insulation or the pipework, unlike rigid wool insulation.
Safer Workplace: Flange covers protect your workforce from hot surfaces of flange end-caps, making the workplace safer. They also minimise any external damage to the flange end-caps. Due to their insulating properties, they reduce condensation and sweating in flanges. They hence reduce the formation of tiny pools of water in the workplace. This helps prevent accidents and slips and falls.
- Product Sizes: 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm, 77mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm, 200mm, 250mm, 300mm, 350mm, 400mm, 450mm and 500mm.
- Colours: Standard grey, silver, white and standard black.
- Type: External jackets and Internal jackets.
- Flange covers provide effective thermal insulation around flange union valves.
- They are lightweight, easy to use, handle and install.
- Valve jackets provide fully sealed insulation to avoid any airborne contamination and possible harm to personnel.
- Flange covers help reduce energy bills.
- Their velcro flaps and pull cords ensure a perfect fit around the flanges
- They are cost-effective and convenient.
- Valve jackets protect the valves from dirt, dust and rust.
- They improve workplace safety by reducing the heat emitted by the surface
- Flange covers are made from 80g/m2 silicone coated glass fibre cloth sewn around 50mm of insulation.
- Valve jackets are designed to closely fit around awkward flange end-caps to maximise insulation and remove possible sharp edge hazards.
- Service Temperature: -20?C to 220?C
- Insulation: 50mm Rockwool
- Coating: 80g/m² silicone coated glass cloth on one side of the jacket.
- Lead times for flange covers within the UK: 1-99 units:2-3 working days; 100 - 500 units: 7 working days and 500- 1000 units: 1-2 weeks. Bespoke items may take longer as we may require additional information from customers
- We can print your company logo on the jackets for free. Email us your logo for custom-made flange covers.
- We do site surveys and supply valve covers or we can only survey your premises. If you would like a site survey, kindly email us with your site address.
- The prices for the chilled/cold water valve jackets may differ from the ones displayed on the website. Chilled/cold water valves usually need to be wrapped with a vapour barrier which would increase the size of the jacket required and also the cost. If you need chilled/cold water valve covers, please mail us your requirements at [email protected] and we will send you a quote for your order.