PIR insulation boards from Xtratherm effectively keep the heat indoors. They have a low K-value of 0.022 W/mK, which ensures superior thermal insulation in every application. The solid PIR core helps reduce thermal bridging. PIR insulation is closed-cell meaning it effectively traps heat and saves energy all year round, for many years. They give superior thermal insulation compared to other insulation boards.
PIR boards by Xtratherm are used to insulate warm roofs. They can be used in between or over rafters. Due to their high compressive strength, PIR boards from Xtratherm can also be used to insulate floors and walls. PIR insulation on sloped roofs provides the most efficient U-values with minimal intrusion into valuable living space. They are lightweight boards that are easy to install.
The foil facings in the PIR board ensure a continuous vapour barrier and make the insulation board water-resistant. They help minimise condensation, moisture and water ingress. The low emissivity foil facings also reflect heat back indoors and heat loss through roofs, walls or floors.
- Length: 2.4m
- Width: 1.2m
- Board Coverage: 2.88m2
- Thickness Available: 25mm, 30mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 75mm, 90mm,100mm and 120mm.
- PIR insulation ensures significant energy savings for many years. Foil-faced Polyisocyanurate Their low K-Value enables PIR boards to keep the heat in, resulting in warm and comfortable indoors.
- PIR insulation board is lightweight, easy to handle and install
- PIR board offers the lowest thermal conductivity among other commonly available insulation boards.
- PIR insulation is dimensionally stable and gives a long-lasting thermal performance.
- It is ideal for sloped-roof insulation (ventilated, hybrid or warm)
- The PIR insulation board is rot proof and will remain effective for the life span of the building
- Xtratherm Thin-R PIR insulation board is ideal for warm roof insulation. It can be easily installed in between and over the roof timbers.
- The PIR insulation board is also used to insulate walls and floors.
- PIR insulation from Xtratherm is dimensionally stable, rot-proof and will remain effective for the life span of the building.
- It does not say overtime, nor does it show any decrease in its thermal performance.
Storage and Handling:
- Xtratherm PIR should be stored off the ground.
- The storage surface must be clean and flat.
- The PIR insulation boards can be readily cut using a sharp knife or fine-toothed saw.
- Ensure tight fitting of the insulation boards to achieve continuity of insulation as asked for within the ACDs.
- Xtratherm PIR is rated A+ by BRE Green Guide to Specification.
- PIR is environmentally friendly, durable and sustainable.
- Xtratherm PIR is manufactured in an ISO 14001 certified manufacturing facility in accordance with Environmental Management System.
- Compressive Strength: >150 (kPa)
- Thermal Resistance: 1.10m²K/W
- Water Vapour Resistivity: >100 MNs/gm
- Surface Spread of Flame: Class 1
- Reaction to fire: E
- Density: 30kg/m3
- You can find other relating documents for the product here