It can be difficult to find the right insulating material for external ductwork since many factors like weather etc must be considered before choosing the perfect duct insulation. It is precisely why Rockwool made these dual-density duct boards - to insulate external duct systems carrying hot or cold air. Here are some other factors that make duo duct boards unique:
Make: Duct insulation is made using dual-density technology with mineral wool with foil-facings on both sides. Rockwool DuoDuct Slab delivers maximum thermal performance without compromising on fire safety.
Durability and strength: Enhanced impact resistance provided by Dual Density technology, makes the duct boards ideal for damage-prone or external applications as they provide greater impact resistance. They last through the lifetime of a building
Fire resistance: Duct boards have the highest possible fire classification. They are rated A+ by Euroclass. It is fire-resistant duct insulation.
Thermal performance: Mineral wool duct insulation has a low thermal conductivity that helps protect the external ductwork from heat loss. Duct boards can be used in applications with service temperatures as high as 230°C in accordance with EN 14706: 2012.
Resistance to water: Duct board has foil facings which not only improve the thermal performance of the board but also provide resistance to water ingress. Duct insulation has a water vapour resistance of approximately 1000 MNs/g.
- Length: 2m
- Width: 1.2m
- Thickness: 50mm.
- Unit: Board
- Duct insulation has a Euroclass A1 reaction to fire. Thet are non-combustible.
- Rockwool duct board has dual-density which enables greater impact resistance.
- Foil-faced insulation protects ductwork against moisture.
- They soundproof ductwork, making the workplace more efficient and improving indoor air quality.
- Rockwool Insulation board is ideal to insulate rectangular and square-shaped ductwork.
- Duct Insulation board protect ductwork against moisture-related issues, condensation and sweating.
- Installing Rockwool insulation is an easy and quick process. The material can be cut easily using a sharp utility knife.
- Rockwool duct boards do not support the growth of fungi, moulds or any microbes.
Rockwool insulation is used to insulate:
- Rectangular and square ductwork
- Hot air, cold air and dual-purpose duct systems
- They are suitable for use with self-adhered external duct membranes.
- Duct boards are especially beneficial in ducts where the particle solids, fluids or gasses move at high velocities.
Standards and Approvals:
- Rockwool DuoDuct has been CE marked in accordance with BS EN 14303.
- Duct insulation can be used to satisfy the requirements of BS 5422 ‘Method for specifying thermal insulating materials.
- Duct insulation boards are made with responsibly sourced, renewable and naturally occurring resources.
- They do not contain any ozone depletion potential (ODP) or global warming potential (GWP). Duct insulation is approximately 97% recyclable.